Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Peter Pig Vietnam 15mm NVA and VC with Heavy Weapons

All,

Next up in my Vietnam stuff is some Peter Pig NVA and VC.  Now, please recall I've already shown you pics of a bunch of Peter Pig VC rifles, RPGs, and RPDs I'd finished awhile back.  But I decided I had too many VC, so I took some VC I had lying around, and some VC I'd already finished, and painted them up as North Vietnamese Army (NVA) regulars.  Then I took some NVA heavy weapons crews I had lying around and painted them too, splitting them between NVA and VC.

The whole gang: there are 28 NVA infantry, six NVA heavy weapons crew, six VC heavy weapons crew, sixteen VC casualty figures (which I'll also use for NVA), and an unmanned 14.5mm machine gun and an unmanned 7.62mm machine gun (the two reddish brown bases).  Unfortunately I forgot to take closeups of those two.

Two NVA leader figures.  That arm is just a little too long to me ;)

Another look.

A light machine gunner, with RPD.

Again.

RPG gunners.

Again.

On to the riflemen, armed with AK-47s, of which there are three poses.  Here's the first.

Again.

Kneeling with AK.  Technically the packs and web gear should have been a different shade of green, but I wanted the colors to pop a bit so I went with khaki.

Again.

And a rifleman moving forward.

Again.

And now an NVA machine gun, I believe an SG-43 Goryunov.

Opposite.  These guys are actually NVA figures and have the pith helmets on.

An 82mm mortar.

Again.

One more.

And an NVA recoiless rifle.

Again.

And then the same stuff again, this time painted up as Viet Cong.  The Goryunov.

Opposite.

The 82mm mortar.

Opposite.

One more.

And then the recoiless rifle.

Again.

And then the VC casualties.  I've got sixteen of them, and they come in these three poses.

Well, there's my bad guys, and I love the figs, just solid, well cast poses.  We'll be seeing these soon; we have to, because they'll face off against whomever I go with from the good guys, be they Marines, Army, or Special Forces of some type.  More to follow.

V/R,
Jack

6 comments:

  1. Excellent work Jack ! Great paintjobs !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jimmi, I appreciate it.

    I've got your tank riders coming up soon, maybe next?

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and somewhere out there, was the entire 141st NVA Regiment" okay okay gotta stop the "Platoon" quotes...

    Dude awesome job on these troopers. I really like the effect you got on the AK's - was that gunmetal on the bottom with gray highlights? I gotta try that - it makes them look lean and mean like they should look and their weapons really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,

    I can't stop either: "The only man that can kill Barnes, is Barnes (pronounced "Bahnes")!"

    But don't worry, "the worm has definitely turned for you man." ;)

    Thanks for the compliments. The AKs are gunmetal with steel highlights; it does look gray in the photos, I think it's due to the lighting. I like making them look old and worn out; I'm sure you had to have had an M-16 that looked just like that, every time you moved it was shaking, rattling, and rolling.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. "what about the rice and the weapons? who are they for??"

    you nailed it. In 2003 we had M16A2s that a buddy of mine referred to as "vintage." I love how the blueing got worn off on the pointy parts and there was definitely some rattle coming off those things when we went anywhere. They were probably all given to the IA, got dropped a few times and ended up in an illiterate IS fighter's hands who had no idea how to shoot with it except for the fact that it "looked cool" so he used it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve,

    "Tell'em Lerner! Ay cocka-dau VC! Ay cocka-dau VC!"

    Regarding the -16s (and SAWs as well; we'd just gone to -240Gs in 1997 so they were still pretty new), we carried some pretty nasty crap, but when OIF broke out it was all new gear. I carried a -203 and I'd swear the tube had never had a bore brush run through it. Everything on the tube and the rifle were perfectly black, could barely break the damn thing down!

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete