Friday, April 17, 2015

Finishing Touches for KG Klink's Fall of France

All,

They're done, all is ready for the invasion of France.  Maybe.  I'm currently checking with The Warstore (stockists of Pendraken in the US, fantastic folks with fantastic service, I've been using them for years) to see if I can get me some more armor by this weekend.  In any case, what I have is finished, here's a look.

The whole mess, Germans, Brits, and French.

First up is the French; I ordered a Pendraken halftrack and made up a French command stand, used some spare infantry to make some more 'heroes.'

Reverse.

The Brits: got a Pendraken truck, officer, and 'Monty' figure to make a command stand, two Pendraken 2-pounder anti-tank guns, a Pendraken Matilda II (to go with the Cruiser, two Matilda Is, two Vickers, and three armored cars), three Pendraken Vickers machine guns, and three Engineer stands (also Pendraken).

Reverse.

These are generic Allies that I'll be using throughout the war.  On the left are Pendraken Brits surrendering; I did four up on green flock, will be doing three more in snow and three in desert.  On the right are some Pendraken tank commanders, which is kind of a funny story.  I ordered some German dismounted tank commanders, and as I was painting them up I realized I didn't have any for the Allies.  So these are actually Germans, just painted up as Allies (that reddish brown atop the head is supposed to look like a leather tanker's helmet).

Surrendering dudes.  I hope I'll need to use this quite a bit ;)

Dismounted tank crews.  I hope to use these quite a bit, too, as I'll be using them to mark bailed out crews.

The Germans: another PzJgr I, three dismounted tank commanders, four dudes surrendering, and five assault boats for crossing the Meuse and Somme.

The surrendering Germans.  Again, I did these in green, will also do snow and desert.  Hope to not need them.  But I know better...

Dismounted tank commanders.

Assault boats with two paddlers.  Yes, I know real-life rivers are not blue, but my table-top rivers are, so these fit right in.

Two assault boats with LMGs.  Kinda funny looking if you ask me, but they'll do.  I'd have preferred simply having two paddlers.

So, ready to go, and if I'm able to get some more tanks, all the better!

**EDIT: Yep, I did it.  I  contacted The Warstore, and not only were they super helpful in answering some product inventory queries I had, but I placed my order Tuesday and they were waiting for me on Thursday when I got home.  So I've got about another 15 vehicles to finish up, all German except for two more French Char B1 bis.

V/R,
Jack

4 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with more stuff. More stuff is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. The Fall of France is something I'm looking at doing shortly. Sadly, between work and some upcoming exams my gaming time has been sorely limited recently...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaz,

      Thanks man. Are you going to do Fall of France in 10mm also?

      I'm kinda bummed about your real-life stuff interfering with the important stuff ;) I was expecting to see Brits atop Goose Green by now!

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete