Friday, March 4, 2022

New Jungle Terrain

 All,

Since I'm showing off various 15mm forces, I figured I'd do a quick post to show you some jungle terrain I picked up off Ebay as a Christmas present.  Not super cheap, but not exorbitantly expensive, either, and it's super cool looking (in my humble opinion).  It's all painted styrofoam with some flock thrown on and lichen and trees stuck on with a glue gun.  As a matter of fact, that's my only complaint about this stuff, in a few places you can see the lines from the glue gun stretching across.

I've got big plans for this stuff, looking at it for WWII in the Pacific and the Vietnam War/IndoChina.  I can definitely fill a 6' x 4' table of jungle now.

Here's the whole group; actually, as I was cleaning up I found one more piece, so I tacked a couple photos of it on at the end of this.

Another look, from a different angle.

Here's our first closeup, with a base of US paratroopers to show the scale/size.

From the opposite direction, with paras atop.

The next piece, with paras in the bush.

And the opposite side.

The next piece.

And its reverse, with paras atop.

A cool little piece, it reminds me of the final position the Rangers took up in the novel "Charlie Mike" (as they were being overrun).

Reverse.

And the last piece, with paras atop.

Oh wait, it's not the last piece, this is the last piece!

One more, sorry, no paras.

And again.

Pretty cool stuff, I think, and I've really been daydreaming about using it for some US Marine Force Recon missions in Vietnam using Osprey's "Black Ops."  

Anyhow, hope you like it, and I'll look to get it out to play with as soon as I can, but I have a feeling I'm headed for WWII in Europe first.

V/R,
Jack


4 comments:

  1. Those are chunky pieces of rock! Will look great on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but they're foam so they're super light. I agree, I just have to figure out what I'm going to play.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete