Tuesday, June 18, 2019

6mm Winter WWII and a Caen Update

All,

Got some more 6mm WWII work done this weekend.  One of the advantages of leaving your vehicles unbased is that you can use those same vehicles for summer, winter, desert, mountains, urban, etc...  However, the same is not true of infantry (and how I do guns), so I needed some WWII infantry and guns specially done up for wintertime.  I had some GHQ Soviet 57mm ATGs lying around, and I picked up a few packs of GHQ WWII US Marines, and...

Voila!  I now have winter infantry and guns.  I really hope I'm not offending anyone's miniatures sensibilities, but I'm not bothered in the least by using WWII Marines as winter Allies, Soviets, and Germans.  In any case, here's what I've got: each side has six guns and 28 infantry stands, consisting of rifle teams, light MGs, and light mortars.  Technically, I still need some winter HQ elements and winter towed artillery, but I figure, in a pinch, I could use singleton tanks or trucks as HQ elements and only SP arty to play a game.

The Allied guns.  The only difference between the Allies and Germans in these photos is going to be the color the men's uniforms are painted.

German guns.

Light mortars, of the Allied (left) and German (right) varieties.

Rifle teams with LMGs.

Some combat engineers with flamethrowers.

Some officers or forward observers.

From the front.

Some bazookas (Panzerschrecks).

Again.

Some tripod mounted MGs.

And then an update on my Caen stuff.

Got some more M7 Priests.

Got some M8 Gun Motor Carriages (center left), with short 75mm.  Only used by the Americans, but I suppose I'll be playing more than just Caen ;)

Got some more Bren carriers (next to the staghounds, M-10s, and Cromwells).

Got some more M8 armored cars.

Picked up some Fireflies (center).

Picked up some more M5 Stuarts.

Over on the German side, picked up some more Tiger Is, and some Stummels (bottom center).

I know these pics were in the last post, but everyone loves 88s and prime movers.

Got some German trucks.

And some various SP AA guns.

Another shot of the Stummels (top left), with some more Wespes.

Picked up some SiG33 SP guns.

And some Sdkfz 250s for reconnaissance.

And some more Sdkfz 222s.

Not sure if I really showed all the Panthers last time.

Still working on my Typhoon.

So, getting some work done.  I played some skirmish games for Cuba Libre, kinda dinky though, so I'll probably combine them all into one batrep, working on getting it posted.

Oh, and once again I've identified that I have absolutely too much stuff, so I'm about to have a massive sale, lots stuff that's going cheap.  I'll ship anywhere, but that can get quite expensive for outside the Continental US.  I'll be posting here soon.

As always, thanks for looking, and I'd love to hear from you in the comments.

V/R,
Jack

6 comments:

  1. Great work as usual. Caen, Goodwood, Epsom, Cobra, Falaise, it's all doable now!

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,

      Hey buddy, thanks! Good to see you, and you're absolutely right, just need to figure out the 'how' (what echelon and what rules).

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  2. Superb work as ever.
    Those Tigers look especially scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Duc, I appreciate it. Yeah, that's quite a few heavies, innit? I'm gonna need more Allied attack aircraft ;)

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  3. Blimey! That's an impressive line up. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jim! Glad you liked it, hoping to get them on the table soon.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete