Friday, July 19, 2019

More 6mm WWII Stuff Completed

All,

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by!  Can't claim that this project is finished, don't know that my 6mm WWII project will ever be finished.  Hell, I know it won't, but that's okay, because it's a journey, and I've got two forces that are plenty big enough to play plenty of games with, I just keep adding more. And that's what this is; while someday I hope to get to collecting forces for early Barbarossa and North Africa, I've been working on NW Europe, both summer and winter for awhile, and I'm here to show you some recently completed troops for those.

Here's what I just finished, both German and Allies for winter (left), summer (center/right), and even some terrain.

A look at all the winter stuff: 4 German 88s (Heroics and Ros), four German Nebelwerfers, three German MG-42s, three German 80mm mortars, three Allied HMGs, three Allied medium mortars (all Baccus), and two US 90mm AA guns (HR, will also be used as Soviet 85mm AA guns).

The dreaded 88s, and Nebelwerfers.

German MGs and mortars.

The US AA guns, which will mostly be used in an AT role (not that I imagine they'll see the table a lot).

The Allied MGs and mortars (which are US .50-cal MGs and 81mm mortars).

The summer force, with more Nebelwerfers, German and US MGs and mortars, Allied heavy AA, and three British 17-pounder ATGs (bottom).

The Baccus Nebelwerfers.

German MGs and mortars.

The German mortars.

The US MGs and mortars.

And the mortars one more time.

Different look at the MGs and mortars.  I really love the Baccus MGs, which are cast on a penny-sized base as one piece.  The mortars conventional strips you have to cut up and base yourself.

Another look at the German MGs and mortars.

And the Nebelwerfers.  Cool little models, though Baccus are considerably larger than HR.

The US 90mm AA guns.

A closeup.

The British 17-pounder anti-tank guns.

A closeup.

And some more Allied vehicles added to the mix.

Three M-10 Wolverines.

Three M-18 Hellcats.  Didn't realize these were so small.

And three AA halftracks with quad-.50-cal HMGs.

And then some buildings.  Now, I really hate painting up houses, and I'm not very good at it, but these turned out okay, I think.  Or at least, they should look okay at tabletop range ;)  I apologize, I don't recall the manufacturer of these two; they've made of resin.

These are plastic, from Novus Design.

And a few more buildings, from my black priming stage of painting. Again, I don't recall the manufacturer.

And a bridge!  If you're gonna have rivers, ya got to have bridges, and now I have four, so I should be okay in most scenarios.

These are in addition to all this stuff I've already completed:

https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2019/06/getting-closer-to-caen.html

https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2019/06/6mm-winter-wwii-and-caen-update.html

Thanks again for stopping by, can't wait to start fighting with these little guys.

V/R,
Jack

8 comments:

  1. Great work Jack. I didn't realise H&R did those 90mm AA guns. One of those will come in very handy for blunting the Panthers at Stoumont station during Peiper's advance in the Ardennes. Some of those Hellcats will come in handy too. Lovely job.

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,

      Yeah, those 90mm AA guns are pretty cool, aren't they?
      I appreciate the kind words, and I've got big plans for all kinds of NW Europe mayhem, just gotta find some time.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  2. I have said it before and will say it again- you are a machine when it comes to painting! At least you are also getting in a few games too.

    I will miss the monopoly houses though, now you have some replacements :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaun,

      I do alright, and yes, the batreps are flowing again, just gotta keep it going. I sure wish someone I know would play some games, too ;)

      And don't worry, the Monopoly houses have not been taken out of circulation just because I've got a few fancy new ones!

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  3. Good looking collection........mine rarely if ever get finished 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt, I appreciate it. And don't forget, your BKC games were the inspiration that got me into this mess! ;)

      And I'm with you, I don't think you ever really complete a project like this.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete