Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Flytrap Factory 15mm Modern US Marines, 2nd Go (Temperate)

All,



A few years ago I'd bought some Flytrap Factory Modern US Marines.  I really loved the figures, but I tried to make them some kind of Ultramodern and screwed them all up.  That is, I tried to paint them in a Multicam uniform, but then I didn't like the colors I used, and they didn't really match anything I had going on gaming wise.  Not a bad paintjob, just wasn't what I was looking for.  So I sold them off on TMP and moved on with life.  But earlier this year I found myself back on Flytrap's web page, staring at them, and when I decided to buy Anton's new (at the time) Royal Marines, I couldn't help but throw in for some more of the US Marines.




The entire group, twenty Marines.  These guys are done up as MARSOC operators, in temperate uniform and basing.  I have a (mostly) matching set done up for the desert.


First up, a couple grenadiers with M-203.  The uniforms are simple, just plain green flightsuits and helmets with no cover, Coyote Brown body armor and gear, yellow boots, gloves, and goggles.  On the left shoulder you can see I tried to paint up a Raider patch.  I did my standard variation of three different flesh tones.


For and aft.  Nice and chunky.



The next set of grenadiers.


Fore and aft.


And the last grenadier, from a different set, looks to be a different sculptor.  This -230 is mounted on an M-16A4 vice an M-16A2.


Reverse.


Side.


The first SAW gunner, one of my favorite sculpts.


Side.


Two more SAW poses.  I really like the guy on the left, the guy on the right, not so much.  Mostly because he's left handed ;)


Reverse.


Front.


Rear.


The last SAW gunner, again from a different pack.  Love the optics.


From the side.


Rear.


Other side.


A couple rifleman of the same pose.




Fore and aft.


Single rifleman pose.  Looks like an EoTech sight.


Front.


Reverse.


Rear.


A kneeling fellar, and check out those NVGs!




Rear.


Two more riflemen.  Great poses, great proportions, but for the life of me I can't figure out what's supposed to be in the hand of the guy on the left...


Side.


Reverse.


Other side.


And the last pose, a rifleman with ACOG, kneeling.


Front.


Other side.


Reverse.

Well, that's the force you're seeing for the good guys in Operation Currahee, need to post up the bad guys, some East Germans from Battlefront.

V/R,
Jack





8 comments:

  1. They look great but you need more tats to make it realistic. I know you could paint an EGA on one of those guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      Hell, not anymore man! I hear guys are getting forced out over the tattoo policy... Anyway, I tried painting tattoos on in 15mm once, it didn't look right at all so I gave it up.

      I figured you might like these. I've got another set, in desert uniforms, I'll be posting soon.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Duc,

      Oh, stop it, you're gonna make me blush! ;) It's not my painting man, it's the sculpts, they're great. The second fight using these guys should get posted tomorrow, hope you like it!

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  3. Looking good Jack. Personally, I like the kneeling SAW gunner. I reckon he's actually right-handed, just demonstrating good weapon handling skills to make best use of cover to fire from the support side. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, I appreciate it! And yeah, he's definitely tactical ;) The whole set is great, fantastic poses.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  4. Really nice work Jack ! , you bring these to life beautifully .

    ReplyDelete