Friday, September 1, 2017

First Four Napoleonic Artillery Batteries, Old Glory 10mm

All,

The steady slog towards getting enough troops ready to play a Napoleonic game in 10mm continues.  Previously I'd shown you twelve battalions of line infantry for the French and twelve for the Austrians, then I showed you two cavalry regiments each, and here I present two batteries of foot artillery each.  Each artillery battery will be represented by a single base on the tabletop, though I made two bases for each battery, one limbered and one deployed.  The deployed base has two guns plus crew set up as firing, and the limbered base has one gun being towed by its horse team, though I had to cut down on the number of horses in order to fit my basing system.  All troops and equipment are brought to you by the fine folks (Russ and Connie) of Old Glory 25s.

A look at the four batteries of artillery; I figure I need another two per side.  French are on the left, Austrians on the right.

Some closeups of the Austrian guns.

And the French.


Well, that's it for now.  I've also completed three battalions of light infantry (each), which I'll be posting soon, and I'm about halfway done with some command stands.  Once the command stands are done, technically I'll have all the elements I need to actually sit down and play a game!  Having said that, all my infantry battalions are currently four bases and I'd like to push them up to six, all my cavalry regiments are four bases and I'd like to push them up to five, and I'd like to add another light infantry battalion per side, two artillery batteries per side, and two cavalry regiments per side.  Then I think I'd be pretty happy with my base force, and could just add to them (Guard infantry, Horse artillery, etc...) as the urge strikes me.

V/R,
Jack

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Norm,

      Thanks man! Kick off your shoes, relax, have a good look around ;)

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  2. Outstanding job, Jack. Looking good. I like the last sentence about adding stuff as the mood strikes you. Napoleonic wargaming is the closest manifestation of a black hole on the earth. You've just fallen in. Welcome! After your first game you'll want more. I'm finishing up my 10mm Austrian Army now and looking to start Prussians next.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      Thanks man, and black hole, that's perfect! I hate the feeling that I'm not making any progress; I can see evidence to the contrary, just not enough evidence. I swear by all that is god and holy, I will not be branching out into other nationalities in Naps!

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
    2. I hear you man. I started out with the best of intentions after reading all the Bernard Cornwell
      "Sharpe" books - thinking that for sure all I would ever need would be Brits and French for Peninsula action. Now I'm a shattered wreck of my former self, complete with Brunswickers, Dutch, Bavarians (lots of 'em) French and Portuguese and that's only my 15mm collection... Trick is to find a rules set that isn't figure or base intensive.

      Delete
    3. Steve,

      Lucky for me, I was a Marine and don't know how to read! ;)

      I WILL NOT buy any more Napoleonic nations; but I do want to get me some Revolutionary War and Civil War in 10mm ;) Which is why I can't get into any more Naps! Not to mention, I'd be willing to be you've never seen so many unpainted Naps in one place as you'd find in my toy room...

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  3. Great work on these. They look superb. Looking forward to some big battle with hem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it, Duc, and I can't wait to get some fights in as well!

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
  4. great work , you are a versatile chap !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy! And versatile, eh? You mean 'all over the place' ;)

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete