Here are the photos we were discussing:
the WWI officer from US1 (front)
So, top four are now:
1. Take the rifleman from V2 and swap M-16 for M-14.
2. Take the rifleman from V3 and swap M-16 for M-14.
3. Take the officer from V1 and swap M-16 for M-14.
4. Take the radioman from A29, swap M-1 Carbine for M-14.
Size comparison of M-14 (top) and M-16 (middle).
So, I could live with the guys with just those swaps, but I'm curious how much farther we can take this. Can you:
-Unblouse their trousers.
-Build up the flak jackets.
The reason I ask like this is for sort of an a la carte menu; money is not unlimited ;)
Next up would be:
5. M-60 gunner from V6, with whatever we decide about unbloused trouses, flak, and pack, the add a front sight post and a nub of a barrel to extend beyond the folded bipod (the current version doesn't have a front sight post or barrel showing).
6. Then the M-79 gunner from V5, with our decisions about unblousing/flak jacket/packs. On top of that, how much would it cost to change him to firing the gun?
7. Start with the rifleman from AV6, swap M-16 for M-14 (this for recon Marines, don't need flak or unblouse trousers).
8. Start with the rifleman from AV7, swap M-16 for M-14 (another recon Marine).
9. Not sure what figure to start with, but what I'm looking for is a Corpsman. So, if you started with V2 again, need trousers unbloused, flak jacket built up, rifle and MG belts removed (or pack added), and add a pistol holster and a "Unit 1" medical bag (looks like the A29 forward observer's bag).
I think that does it for the Vietnam stuff. I'm still holding out hope for the WWII stuff someday as well ;)
These pics are just for fun; these are for the WWII Guadalcanal project.